Authors: NENAD POPOVIĆ, dipl.ing. and IVICA PIVAČIĆ, dipl.ing.
Company: DALMATINSKI INOVATORI TESLA – DALMIT
web page: www.dalmit.hr
The grill grate is made of 2 mm thick and 20 mm wide stainless-steel strip bent into an “accordion” shape.
This shape provides a number of advantages over the classic design, namely:
– simplified manufacture process (less welding)
– due to greater surface area and weight, the grate retains heat longer
– heat efficient grate channel design transfers the maximum amount of the heat content of hot coals to the food being grilled
– thin bars – just 3 mm – minimize the possibility of food sticking to the grill
– the grate can be placed directly onto hot coals and, as they gradually turn to ash, the grate sinks deeper and deeper into hot ashes, maintaining heat intensity
These advantages make grilling food with a minimum amount of hot coals possible.